Protein is KEY for lasting energy throughout the day. Zooming from a 6 am wake up call to a meeting to work to a yoga class to making dinner to more work takes a lot of protein. But, I can’t exactly chow down on a chicken breast and let’s be real, almonds and Greek yogurt can get old real fast.
These little bites are SO FRIGGIN’ CUTE and super delicious. I made a big batch for my company’s all hands meeting and let’s just say...people were not mad about it. Everyone was munching on them the whole time and someone even snatched the last 2 off my desk afterward! They were a huge hit.
Being that they are bite sized, take 10 minutes to make, and keep well, they are the ultimate snack to bring to any healthy event or to work. I mean, they’re basically healthy oatmeal raisin cookies packed with a protein-punch.
One thing I’m going to be a stickler about when ya’ll make these is the protein powder. I can’t stand protein powder. It smells and tastes so artificial and leaves a creepy feeling on my tongue that I can’t get on board with. So, I only use one specific brand of protein powder because it’s made from real foods and has literally zero gross smell or aftertaste, Aloha protein. They are my protein goddesses over there.
Oatmeal Raisin Protein Energy Bites
(makes 15 bites)
- 1½ cups oats (I use Bob’s Red Mill Honey Almond Granola)
- 1 packet (~½ cup) vanilla Aloha protein powder
- 1 tbs flax seeds
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbs raw honey
- ½ cup natural almond butter
- ½ cup raisins (or chocolate chips if you’re feelin’ saucy!)
- 4 tbs milk or milk substitute (almond milk, hemp milk, etc)
- Combine all ingredients and stir. (I recommend adding the milk last!). Combine with a spoon or hands until it rolls into a big sticky mound. If it seems too dry, add in more milk.
- Roll little balls from the mixture.
- Place in fridge to store, but for best results, let them sit for 30 minutes in the fridge before devouring all of them...I mean sharing them with all your friends!