This salad is so delicious, beautiful, and filling -- another great recipe for your Thanksgiving!
It's super simple to make and tastes delicious with almost any dressing (which is great if you're not into making the one from the recipe!)
Hearty Fall Thanksgiving Salad
10-12 green beans, cut in half
2 cups cherry tomatoes
3 wild carrots, cut diagonally
3 large broccoli florets
1 head of romaine lettuce
1 scallion, minced
Your favorite fresh herbs, finely chopped (I like to use sage, basil, and/or thyme!)
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons honey or maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Roast the cherry tomatoes for 8-10 minutes in a small roasting pan.
2. In a pot of boiling water, steam the broccoli, green beans, and carrots (10 minutes, or until tender).
3. In a small bowl, whisk 3 tablespoons olive oil with vinegar, mustard, and honey or syrup.
4. Arrange lettuce leaves and scallions on 4 plates.
5. Top salad with vegetables and tomatoes; drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with salt and pepper if needed.
Enjoy! For more Thanksgiving deliciousness, see our....
Photos by Shel Lakin