Okay, so if I were to come home after work, sit on the couch to chill for a hot second, then go workout, I can almost guarantee that I will most definitely NOT be working out.
I totally used to try that approach -- Oh I'm just going to rest for a minute here.... -- 20 minutes later I'm ordering a pizza and calling it a night (or getting very easily suckered into a happy hour).
My approach to make it to the gym after work every day: never go home.
When I leave around 7-8 in the morning, I'm GONE. I come home around 8:30 or 9 at night.
I always carry a tote or cute backpack with all the essentials for my busy day. Most notably, my things to transition from work to gym to dinner (in whatever order) without breaking a sweat.
Here are my necessary items for a busy bag:
1. Dove Dry Spray deodorant - spray is key now, especially if I'm slipping into a LBD while running out of the yoga studio. Roll ons just get white stuff EVERYWHERE, amirightt? And let's be real, deodorant is at the top of my list because no one loves: pit stains, stinky cubicles, or choking on perfume.
2. A cute sports bra - I am a neutral tones kind of girl, but yoga and gym time is my time to shine. Bright colors, cool patterns, you name it.
3. Headphones - long walks between work, gym, and home call for Audible (currently listening to A Short History of Nearly Everything) or Duolingo (currently learning to speak Polish). Walking to bus stops and/or work/gym/home are amazing times to boost productivity, particularly in areas outside of work and social lives. This includes creative outlets, hobbies, and joyful things, like reading, podcasts, learning new skills or topics, and more!
4. Water - because, I mean, hydrate. #1 rule in life: drink water all day.
5. Note pad and pen - I always keep a notepad on me because it's still my favorite way to jot down things to remember. Brilliant idea? Notepad. Grocery list on the go? Notepad. Giving a good book or health tip recommendation to your Uber driver? Notepad.
6. Nourish promo products - you never know who you might meet who will need a logoed grocery bag or EOS lipbalm.
7. Lipbalm - the EOS balm smells so good I could eat it. In fact, once my niece ATE my EOS lipbalm. So in case you're wondering, they're edible too.
8. ALOHA tea and powdered greens to keep me running on high throughout the day.
9. Yoga mat - in case I need to stop, drop, and downward dog. My office has this amazing happiness/balance room where I can do some yoga in the middle of the day. Always having a mat on you when you're a practicing yogi is really something quite nice.
10. My planner (not pictured) - my planner isn't in this photo because it's literally never a few feet away from me. I was likely writing in it while this photo was taken. Live and breathe by the planner.
What's in your bags? I'm sure I'm missing a lot....spill!! :)
Photos by Tania Arceo